Saturday, 16 April 2016


Building A Base (April Beauty Haul Part 1)|  Well And Truly Spanglish x






 This past month I felt like I've accumulated quite a few things in the makeup category after going shopping, so thought I would show you guys buttt I'm afraid I'll have to do it in 2 parts, one this week and one next week as it's so long:( 
So yes, I went shopping, no, I had no money left in my purse by the end of it and yes, I'm dedicating this very blog post to showing you lovely humans what I purchased! *squeals because new makeup* 
Ready. Get set. Go. 

  

The Dream Team  

Lately, I've found I've been getting into somewhat of a routine with my foundation, concealer, powder etc. That was all good until my concealer ran out and my foundation got too dark for me (is it possible for someone to go paler than their usual skin tone in less than a week? Have I finally turned super human? Am I ready to join The Incredibles?). Due to this, I went and picked up the Maybelline Dream BB Cream, the Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer (I bought this purely for the coverage and the amazing reviews it had), and to go with those two, the much loved Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. I've had these products for two weeks now and I can defo say their slowly but surely becoming my favourites, with the glowly formulae of the BB cream, high coverage concealer and the velvety, matte, dreamy pan of loveliness, these three make a dream team. 



Mac MSF Love 

Along with these face products, I may or may not have popped into MAC. We all know what's coming...MSFFF! I initially planned on walking into the shop, finding a Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle and, much to Ceire's horror as she was shopping with me at the time, doing my little Omg-I've-Finally-Got-The-Mac-MSF-I'm-Gonna-Die dance. But, as always, things don't exactly go the way you plan them. I hopped into the shop, beaming from ear to ear and searching frantically for the counter where they had the MSF range. Turns out I found it, just not my Soft & Gentle. *cries for eternity* So instead of moping around, I started swatching the other MSF's because you know, what else will make you happier than having little strips of shimmery highlighter all over your hand ey? And that's when I found it. Landscapade. L A N D S C A P A D E. How has nobody mentioned this heavenly product before?? It's beautiful to look at, beautiful to swatch and even more beautiful on your face:) It's pale white colour looks wayyy more natural, but the shimmery pay off? Woah. Can you tell I'm in love? I've stooped to a new low.


 

 
 

 

Contouring Collection Style

Collection's Highlight & Sculpt palette is and will most likely continue to be my favourite contour kit in the Drugstore. I've tried Sleek, Seventeen, Boujour AND MUA, yet Collection's version still takes first place on the leaderboard. It's a slim, powder packed product with a subtle contour (which thankfully isn't the dreaded orangey toned shade) and glowing highlighter. Even though I do like the highlighter in this kit, I tend to mix and match between MAC and Benefit, but stick with the contour shade day to day, as I feel like it's the perfect shade for me (even with my pale skin), so don't worry my fellow ghosties, you never have to be scared of over-pigmented contour prodcuts again once you have this bad boy in your purse. *crowd cheers* 




  

Creamy Eyelids & Long Lashes 

Now, for eyes. As I notice the other day, to my shock and horror, that I don't own a brown mascara, I thought it only justifiable to pop down to Boots and get one. Maxfactor's False Lash Effect Waterproof Mascara. So far, I've been liking this product a lot. It really does lengthen your lashes but I did find after a couple of hours my lashes started to stick:( That may just be the way I applied it though? I'll try it out some more and report back...
Then, I saw the gel nail varnishes at the Revlon counter. Can you guess what's coming? After 15 minutes of trying to find "the perfect colour" (which is every colour in my books), I walked out of the shop with a deep red crimson gel colour, base coat AND a free cream eyeshadow palete that just so happens to be perfect for travelling. Happy days. 





So that's it! I hope you've enjoyed seeing all my little loves, see you next week...stay beautiful. 


Megs x

P.S Check out my Instagram HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment