Monday, 2 May 2016

Pouting It Out (April Beauty Haul Part 2) | Well And Truly Spanglish x

 



 

Next, I've made some recent new purchases in my lip drawer with brands like Essence, Bourjois, Benefit, Revlon and MAC. And you guessed it, I'm going to give you lovelies the low down on these gorgeous lippies. 

Essence

I've only had my Essence lipsticks for a short amount of time but I've already noticed the hydrating formulae, pigment pay off AND amazing scents these lipsticks have, aswell as being naer to £3 each?! The packaging on these  lipsticks are quite sleek and small aswell, so they would fit easily into your purse or coat pocket for a quick touch up as they're not that long lasting on the lips and tend to last for only 2-3 hours:(
 





Boujoir 

Now are my two boujoir lipsticks. One a limited editiion shine lipstick and the the other a liquid lipstick but BOY IS IT BRIGHT! I bought these two in hope they'd match as my perfect summer lip combo, and even though they are roughly the same colour, the liquid lipstick is a tad too bright and corally (but in the summer would look stunning with a simple white dress) sooo I'm a tad scared of wearing it. Is that bad? Do you ever buy a lipstick that's really bright and get scared of wearing it incase it makes you look like a clown, or is that just me? Clowns and colour aside, I'm really enjoying these. The colour pay off (especially in the liquid lipstick) is great, and the packaging is very very cute. Sorry. I'm a sucker for packaging and I have no shame:)



Benefit Balms

Next I have the Benefit Lollibalm & Posiebalm which must be the most photogenic things known to man. These balms are MASSIVELY hydrating and moisturising, so they're great for people like me who's lips are constantly cracked. *again, cries for eternity* Also, the two colours (a bright red and subtle baby pink) are very "every day" so I get a lot of wear out of them and can even wear them to school without looking too OTT and I've found these balms last for a.g.e.s so there will be no constant reapplying which is always a plus one!



Revlon Love

I know I'm a tad late to the band wagon on these products, but I've been meaning to pick them up for quite some time now so when I saw them on sale i HAD to get them...you've been there before, right? Besides, the cute packaging was just calling my name:) 
These are the Revlon Lip Butters in Peach Parfait and Strawberry Shortcake. At first I thought these would be great for the summer, as they have a stunning colour pay off but the formulae is extremely sheer, much like a balm (so they're naturally hydrating). Buttt that's when I remembered I had Benefit's Posiebalm and Benebalm, which then made me think how similar the two brands products would be.. *cough cough Drugstore & Highend Dupes post cough* I'll update you guys on how I get on with testing these two products out... 





MAC

The last lipstick I have to show you is one that a lot of you guys will know...it's from MAC..it's extremely gorgeous..it's Velvet Teddy. This little tube of heaven is something I will defiantly repurchase, the colour, matte formulae and longwear is amazing. I can't fault it. I've been playing around with eyeshadow looks, matching them with this lipstick and I think it's safe to say it.goes.with.everything. How did I never discover this sooner?! 
 


See you next week with more beauty goss, but until then don't forget to follow me on my Instagram x



Megs x

No comments:

Post a Comment